Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Inspiration...I am sure many of you can relate to feeling like life is on hold and you are waiting..waiting..waiting. I get so caught up in that "waiting" that I lose my day..my consciousness. I push forth with all the daily stuff without connecting. Sooo..I found this inspiring poem that brought me back to the moment.

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans
 

No comments:

Post a Comment