Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happiness In A Paint Bottle

My daughters friend was over last weekend and asked me why I have numbers painted on everything. (awkward silence). Not everything. I just simply said...I like them. Truth is I am obsessed with stenciling numbers. A few posts ago I told you about this bench that I picked up for $5. After staring at it for a few weeks, I decided it needed a number.

I love the way it turned out!

My daughters room finally got finished. Here's the after pics of the dresser. I put it in my dining room. Which is now wall to wall furniture. I could serve a great buffet!

I actually used the left over paint from the kitchen which was Glidden Slate Green. Gave it a distressed look by not saturating the brush and sanding here and there.

I am very excited about my next project. It was so simple and made me so happy. I was reading Better Homes & Gardens sitting out by the pool this weekend. I can't reference exactly what and where because the magazine is at my moms. There was something about printing out digital pic's. I went to the NYC Library site and looked up digital printables. I then searched for Octopus.

I trimmed them to fit a 5x7 frame.


Gave the frames a distressed white wash and how great are these?
 Happiness!

                                                         Have a great day!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment