Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nothing is more relaxing to me than a quiet house. Today is the first day in days that I have the house to myself..yes I will be spending the day cleaning. But..before I do I am going to make a healthy yummy lunch and sit outside and enjoy 5 minutes of me time..aaahhh. Before my 5 minutes ends and I have to get the kids and shuffle around town to and fro I want to share what I made today. Because it was very yummy and pretty. Enjoy xoxo

Jeweled Couscous Salad
Coucous Plain (cooked according to 1 serving instructions)
2 celery stalks finely chopped
3 whole Pickled Beets, rough chopped (they come in a jar..I use Aunt Nellies)
1-2 cups chopped white meat chicken (left over from last nights dinner)
salt & pepper
A little olive oil and whatever vinegar you like..I used a apple cider

* I mix the beets in last because otherwise they turn everything (a beautiful shade of) PINK



1 comment: