Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Monday, February 27, 2012

Coconut Shrimp, Key Lime Sauce and Bonding!

My daughter, Kate & I made the most delicious coconut shrimp this weekend. Had to share. It was one of those "moments" with my daughter that I am still feeling warm inside about. She is 11 and is very quickly growing up. I feel more & more like an outsider in her life. I know..I know it's normal, every mother goes through it, I'm not the first. My own mother tells me to pull up my big girl panties and be a mom and don't make her feel bad for growing up! I am being a mom..a feeling sorry for myself mom. My baby is growing up..can't I have an hour to cry about it (ok..maybe it's been a few weeks now).  So, this moment with the two of us laughing and singing in the kitchen making lunch was pure bliss!
NaBloPoMo writing prompt for today is "tell us something you learned from someone else".
I am learning each day from Kate how to watch my beautiful girl grow and most of all learning patience. That's a new concept for me. Patience to wait and watch for when she needs me. In those in between moments when she wants to fly, I am learning to get to know her on her time. Learning how to be there the way that she needs me to be. Trying to not feel hurt when she wants her privacy, that's a big one. We went shopping this weekend and when she asked me to come in the dressing room because she wanted my opinion, I smiled. It was like the angels sang. My daughter is teaching me each day how to be a better mom. By the way, if you like coconut shrimp...you have to try this recipe.



Yummy Coconut Shrimp with Key Lime Sauce Recipe....
Coconut Shrimp:
Raw shrimp dipped in flour then a beaten egg..
Dip in shredded sweetened coconut
Fry in deep pan in olive oil (you could use any oil you like to cook with..I happened to have olive)
I just brown them for about 3-5 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel to drain any oil

Key Lime Sauce:
About (I eyeball everything)
3 tablespoons of lofat Mayo
1tablespoon dijon (grainy kind) mustard
1/4 cup key lime juice
mix together..(you can taste and see what you need more of)

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, those times with your children are priceless! My daughter is coming home from college the first of April and I can't wait!!!

    By the way, your shrimp looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete