Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rosemary Lemon Shortbread Cookies

I'm looking forward to lunch at a good friends house tomorrow and I need something delicious to bring. I have this shortbread cookie mix my mom gave me at Christmas so I whipped it out and the creative energy started to flow.  "Hmmm, what else could I add to this cookie dough?" Rosemary & lemon of course.  My intention was to make these beautiful heart shaped cookies. Ok, that idea got derailed fast when I learned that shortbread dough is veeeery different from sugar cookie dough.  It's quite sticky! Who knew? I'm sure you all did. I made a few hearts then gave in to little smooshed down balls. I have to say they are quite yummy..

I just followed the directions on the box..and added about 2 tablespoons of rosemary and lemon zest from 1 lemon. Sprinkled the top of the cookies with a little sugar and rosemary. Bake at 375 for about 10 min. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment