Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Thursday, January 19, 2012

White Trunks

                                                  My beautiful girl hard at work
                                         How do I get rid of the tv without my dh noticing???

I have to say that I thought there was something wrong with me that I LOVE painting everything white. Family & friends just don't get it. Then I started blogging and happily found out there are others like me..so inspiring .. love that! I don't feel so alone anymore. My dh and I were at this local thrifty place and scored a set of 3 old trunks. So cool but not white..so 6 months later I am finally getting around to painting them WHITE! So below are some pics of before and during the process..My oldest daughter played hooky today. So you will see from the pics that she is working very hard to help. My dh set me up with drop cloth and a lecture on clean painting. Yup he was home today,  hovering. He says my blog should be called Half A!$ Sally...that's been his nickname for me since we were first together. When we got married living in our first apt I decided to paint the ugly formica tv stand .. while he was watching a football game and yes I painted around the tv .. then asked him to hold it up while painting underneath. It was a show! Hey, when creativity calls! 

2 comments: