Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend..I know I am. My older daughter had a slumber party last night and my little ones had a sleepover at nana's...
Can you say????  Date Night!!
We actually stayed in ..had some wine..listened to music and talked. Yes..that is my perfect night with my man. Woke up to Day 6 of running and to really complete my Saturday....I finally made it to this church rummage sale by my house. So thrilled..I have been wanting to re do a chandelier..found this brass one..for $10! Score..Now I need some inspiration.

I also picked up these frames for a buck each. Going to paint them white .. distressed and do something fun with them.


I shabbied up my lamp shades..so easy and changed the look of my bedroom..



Very easy to shabby up a lamp shade. I just cut strips from a white flat sheet and tied them in knots around the shade. Then with the scraps I had left over..I cut different sized uneven circles and sewed them together with a couple stitches in the middle. Glued some  crystals in the middle and played with the edges to make them turn up a bit. I am sure there is a way to make these flowers more impressive..but for now this was what I did. Love the look..I may make more flowers to go around the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment