Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Sunday, May 27, 2012

DIY Vintage Tablerunner

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Hope you are all relaxing and having a wonderful weekend.

I saw a tutorial for a french provincial diy table cloth or runner. It got me THINKING. I had this piece of linen just sitting around. Ok , so it's a little short.


I (should have) didn't measure. I used blue painters tape and made 2 stripes a few inches in from each side, running the length of the fabric. I just painted a grey color (made myself with a big blob of white and a drop of black acrylic paint).



Taped down my letter stencils that I picked up at the hardware store, nothing fancy. I know some of you super talented, crafty girls make these fab stencils off the computer. I would LOVE to do that I just don't have the patience. So, for now I used my hardware store stencils. Taped them down and
painted a muted black. I just added some black to the grey from the stripes.

 Once dry, I put it through the wash to give it a washed out look (no soap).
Hung to dry . I should have ironed it (another should have) but who has time to iron??

I love it. (maybe I will iron it before my mom comes over). Definitely making more of these. That pretty little wild flower in the middle of the table is from our garden. The kids through wild flower seed for a butterfly garden about 2 months ago. Our garden is finally blooming! Only my daughter came running in with all 3 flowers that bloomed. She was so excited she just PICKED them! I'm sure with all the rain we have been having there will be more by the end of the week.
Enjoy the day!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that the kids are seeing flowers from the butterfly garden! Nothing can beat linen, and it makes a perfect runner here. The stencils look great and don't worry that it's not ironed :) Linen looks great regardless!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I hope it's something you love for many years to come. Thanks for sharing.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete