Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mothers Day Thoughts & A Wreath!

Mothers day is approaching and I feel a post is due. I am also feeling very random so please excuse the lack of focus. I made this oh so simple wreath for my front door. It's cute..eh?
Just a bit of hot glue and some paint and VOILA! Oh & some of my handmade flowers.


So , yes...Mothers Day is coming up this weekend. And yes...I am a mother to 3 amazing kids. It's a roller coaster, but hey? who's life isn't? My husband is working on Mothers Day. I felt sorry for myself for about 5 minutes. Not exactly going to be a relaxing day for moi! And my fridge is broken. The new one is not getting delivered until Monday. So every meal just about is take in & eat out!  Ok..done complaining. After my 5 minutes of self pity. My sweet 6 year old reminded me that his class is having a mothers day lunch today. (like I needed reminding..so what I showed up to my dentist appointment yesterday at 11:30 and it was for 1:30).

I reminded him that the teacher said us moms should "dress nice". He then proceeded into my closet to pick out what I should wear. "This would look beautiful on you mommy"..he said holding up some bright yellow frock I haven't worn in years.  I melted. and guess what? I am wearing the yellow frock! Even though Mothers Day will be different for all of us. Being a mom is the best blessing and through the highs and lows it keeps the teeth gritting smile on my face!  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Jennifer! I appreciate your honesty here :) Your son is sweet and we all have days where we feel a little off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! And Happy Mothers Day Weekend To You!

    ReplyDelete