Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

"Father ... A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way"

I saw this quote online and felt the need to share. Not sure who wrote this one. Happy Fathers Day to all the dads!!

I felt since I devote posts to my obsession with painting everything white, moving furniture, thrifting, sometimes baking & cooking and my kids, I owed my hubby one post in honor of Fathers Day!

This ones for you honey...
My husband is the perfect ying to my yang. When life turns us upside down and shakes us to our core. Our balance is the only thing that makes sense in our universe. Of course, we argue, bicker and (well I) get incredibly snippy. It's the wonderfully patient, loving person inside of him that stays constant in all situations. How does he do it?

Our kids adore him. He is the always up for fun dad to our two youngest, (he happens to be very funny). To our oldest, (who is only 12), he is her rock, her voice of reason, her place to go when she needs to make sense out of her crazy middle school world. They are blessed to have him.

On this wonderfully crazy journey I am so thankful my husband is beside me, sometimes leading and sometimes falling back but always with us! 
Have a great weekend and enjoy your Fathers Day!! xoxo

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland




No comments:

Post a Comment