Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

One thing leads to another



Happy Tuesday Friends. Hope your week is going well. I was at my mom's house on Saturday and she was begging me to go with her to this local thrift to check out a table she was debating over. I was really not in the mood to go. The sun was shining, the kids were swimming...you get the picture. Eventually we made our way there and I scored this adorable $5 table. I actually have been on the hunt for a small bench of sorts. It was WHITE! Yay! I grabbed it. I will eventually distress it more and do something else with it but for now just leaving it white.
My mom did decide to get this table and sadly the guy broke it while loading it into her car. Not meant to be.

I am having issues with my foyer, it's not even a foyer. I call it my front door area. It's this odd shape and it's raised. Nothing fits , nothing looks good. Aha! Until my little $5 bench / table.

I moved some things around. Remembering I had this shelf I had redone just sitting in the garage and an old chalkboard that needed a touch up...I smiled. A project was on it's way.


Repainted the chalkboard and strung some twine for easy hanging.


I do love how the mind works. One idea often leads to another idea of creative goodness!


My new bench has a home, love the wine box with our summer flip flops and Voila! My foyer/front door area has new life. Simple and clean.
Have a good week!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, Jennifer - where do you live cuz I'm coming over so you can teach me to be creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little white bench and I love your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete