Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Friday, June 22, 2012

My New Drop Cloth Obsession

Who new? Drop cloth from Home Depot is like this awesome linen like fabric. Since I have been home bound and staring at the corners of my house all day. I had a drop cloth party (by myself). First I covered this adorable stool and painted a distressed white heart with fabric paint. This will live in my daughters room which is getting a slight make over (more on that in a future post).




Next , I moved on to covering my chairs. I have all these odd chairs and they desperately needed a make over.  I really just eyeballed and cut large pieces and fit and tucked around the chairs. These seats came off so they were easier to cover.


 I stenciled numbers on the chairs..FUN. I love the way they came out.
My other group of chairs don't have a cushion seat or any room for stenciling numbers so...

Every room needs a little whimsy.

I cut a long and wide strips of the drop cloth and tied them around the back of the chair. I cut thinner strips and knotted them to the back as well. I painted a distressed white heart on each wide side with fabric paint.



What do you think? There are so many amazing things you can do with this drop cloth. Let me know if you have some creative ideas...I would LOVE to hear them!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. So many cute new touches. Great job. They all look wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete