Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Life, Family and a Cozy Home

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Writing Is On The Wall

Hello Friends...with my kids (mostly off & on) home this summer I needed to instill some inspiration for harmony and peace. I don't know about all my creative peeps out there but when I get an idea I MUST follow it through. I think about it for a day or 2 and if the idea doesn't go away, well then I just can't sleep until I CREATE it!


I was nervous for this one because I painted with free hand on the wall. I did get inspired by a " Happy Home" sign I saw on Pinterest. I had this nice size empty frame and gave it a little White Wash.  Hung it over the kitchen table. It's an empty wall that I would love to do a huge framed chalk board on..eventually. For now I thought this was a charming idea. Next, I worked my freehand magic and clipped these beautiful satin steel colored flowers to the corner. 


These lovely plates I discovered at (where else?) my mom's house. She was kind enough to hand them over!  Aren't they sweet ( and my mom)?



My next project I totally stole from Pinterest. I can't remember where I saw this as it was a while ago.
I had this Pottery Barn shelving piece that had to retire to the garage. But the shelves are these great pieces of white washed wood. They kind of look like salvaged wood. So, I have been enjoying turning them into art! Just in case the Happy Home mural wasn't enough.....




Enjoy whatever it is you are creating. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I seriously want to hire you!!
    Love the "Happy Home" !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy , you are too sweet. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,

    I love your happy sign and those plates are so pretty! Sounds like your mom is a wonderful resource for goodies ;)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete